Thursday, August 9, 2007

Giant Species Discovered on Small Ryukyu Island


Today was the first day in three, read it, THREE months that it was cool enough to risk opening the windows. Low and behold, as going about morning duties, I looked down to discover this furry creature gliding across my foot. It appears that LO (Little One) and I are not the only ones coming out to enjoy the cooler air.

I won't say that it is bigger than a breadbox, but it is certainly the largest of its type that I have ever encountered. LO and I observed it for a while and decided that we needed a family pet. Just look at the benefits...It is soft and furry (no it is not DH), eats little and what it does eat you really don't want anyway. So we ventured to the 100 yen store to get a home for the new addition.

On the way back, LO and I discussed names and after tossing around the obvious names of Fluffy, Buttons and Ralph we decided to call it "Spike". Spike was surprisingly amiable to capture. We simply opened his home and with a little tickle of air, he floated right in.

Now...here is LO and Spike, his first pet.



Yea... LO looks worried. I tried explaining that Spike doesn't eat little boys, but hey when faced with a species of that magnitude can you blaim him?

Do you think will will have any difficulty moving Spike with us during our PCS? I am not up on how well this species travels or what effect a 12-14 hour flight might have on him.

No comments: